One Year Tribute
A few months before Dave passed away, he came across a talk that read as follows: "In Doctrine and Covenants 136:31, the Lord says, 'My people must be tried in all things, that they may be prepared to receive the glory that I have for them, even the glory of Zion; and he that will not bear chastisement is not worthy of my kingdom.'"
"I now wonder how the Lord is pruning me. Am I learning the lessons he wants me to learn? Am I bearing fruit worthy of Him? Do I see and appreciate the guidance of the Master's hand in my life? Do I let go of what is unnecessary or sinful in my life and keep only that which is good?"
I believe that we would all answer that Dave did. He went about doing good and was a positive influence in the lives of many, many people. I know that he continues to influence my life for the better.
If you are reading this, please take a minute to add a comment. Share with us a memory that you have of Dave, a story of how he's affected your life, or, if you didn't know him, how coming to know him has affected you.
No man is an island. We never stand alone. We are always affected or influenced or changed because of the actions of someone.
Now that I move on without Dave in my life, I find myself wondering how the Lord is pruning me. Am I learning the lessons that he wants me to learn? Do I bear fruit worthy of Him? Do I see and appreciate the guidance of the Master's hand in my life? Do I let go of what is unnecessary or sinful and keep only that which is good?
I hope so. All that I want and all that I yearn for is to be able to dwell in the presence of God. To have David at my side and my loved ones surrounding me -forever- never to depart.



Comments
But at his funeral and through your blog, I've gotten to know an even deeper side of Dave. Still the positive, happy person that I knew comes through, but I've realized that he was a valiant, true disciple of Christ. He was willing to submit to our Heavenly Father's will for him, and go through whatever was necessary to become who Heavenly Father wanted him to be. I'm inspired to be more faithful because of his example and the way he lived his life. Thanks, Georgia, for letting us be a part of this experience with you. You are also an example to me--the way you've allowed this incredibly difficult trial to bring you closer to Heavenly Father. I admire you so much and feel lucky to have you as a friend.
You don't know me, but I found your blog through my sister, Kari's, blog. I have been struggling really hard today with my depression and anxiety. (And feeling sorry for myself). I think I needed to find your blog. As I have sat here and read your sweet words and the inspirational words of Dave, it has brought me to tears. What an amazing example he has set for others to follow. Thank you for sharing your experiences!
Robyne