In life, our joy is inversely proportional to our sorrow.


From the journal of David Allred December 18, 2008: "You just have to know that the deeper the pain, the deeper the trial, the harder things seem, will allow your spirit and allow your soul to be able to feel deeper and more complete joy and happiness down the road. That's why those trials are given to you. So that you can feel deeper and more complete joy than you would have ever been able to feel without having to go through those trials. You'll appreciate it more. You'll understand it more. You'll just be able to feel it . . . deeper than if you never would have gone through those things.

Let yourself be happy! Let yourself feel joy. Don't feel like you're being prideful or lacking humility if you're being too happy because there is no such thing as feeling too happy or feeling too much joy. Just like there's no such thing as feeling too much pain and too much sorrow. They're just opposites and the farther you go on each scale helps you feel the other greater. And that's my tidbit of advice for the day."

Comments

natalie said…
I have never seen these pictures before. I really like this blog entry. Dave was wise beyond his years.
Punky said…
Great pictures! And blog too. I have a hard time leaving a comment that doesn't seem to "corny" most of the time, but I really have enjoyed your blog since I found it!

We don't make it up north that much but being able to read up on you here makes me feel closer to your part of the family! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

One year older and wiser too . . .

One Year Tribute