Bacolod, Philippines 1995-1997

We all know that we come to love those that we serve. Dave served his two-year mission in the Philippines. He learned to love and adore those people. He relished opportunities after his mission to speak Cebuano to anyone that he could. Dave's most significant conversion to missionary work came in the MTC when Elder Holland came and spoke. "He spoke with such power" David writes,"that it went to the core of my soul. He expressed his very personal feelings about missionary work. He pounded the pulpit many times to stress the importance that we work with all our might, that we walk the path from Gethsemane to Calvary. We must walk the hard road that God walked. The plan of salvation is not easy. It is based on obedience. . . man's extremity truly is God's opportunity. We must put ourselves out on the edge in order for God to bless us with miracles and faith. We cannot receive a witness of the truth until after the trial of our faith. . . the day I decided to go to work and BE a missionary was the most important day of my life. Hopefully today is that day (9-5-95). I want to serve the Lord with all my might. I don't want to regret anything. I want this desire to carry me through every waking hour of my mission. I want to come home so tired that it hurts, and then to wake up again morning after morning with renewed confidence and faith."

Imagine if all of us experienced such a conversion what we might do with our lives.

Comments

Jodi & Dan said…
Amazing! I bet he was an incredible missionary.

Popular posts from this blog

One year older and wiser too . . .

One Year Tribute