Prepared to Receive Him
It is natural to have down days when you're battling death. Every morning is a blessing and with every night comes the fear that it may be your last.
Throughout the course of our trial with cancer, we came to trust and to ultimately know that with every breath we take, every emotion we feel, every pain that courses through us, God is there. He decides whether we live or die, but it is up to us to decide what we will do with the life we are living.
Fortunately, for members of the church who have partaken of the ordinances of the temple, we know that death is not the end. It is just a passing from one side of the veil to the other.
Dave feels that with that understanding is the obligation to share what you know.
President Brigham Young said,"There is neither man or woman in this Church who is not on a mission. That mission will last as long as they live . . . " And then I ask? How long is life? Is it measured by the life of the mortal body or that of the Spirit?
Dave's brother, Clay, was serving in Atlanta, Georgia when Dave passed away. Clay then received a blessing from his mission president which expressed how pleased the Lord was to have Clay, Dave, and their father, Clayton, serving full-time missions for the Him. I know that the work goes on and who better to use than someone who doesn't need purse or script? Who better than someone who has absorbed all of that information? Who can and is willing to testify of it's truth?
Dave was told,"It is your responsibility to prepare a people that can receive [the]Savior when He comes." I know that work continues on.
This Sunday will be my first as the Gospel Principles teacher. I am so excited to be involved in furthering the work. In that class will be at least three individuals that Dave helped bring into activity. Now, I can do my part to help them obtain the blessings of the temple. I am certain that I will also have Dave's continued help in that work.
"True Christianity is love in action. There is no better way to manifest love for god than to show an unselfish love for your fellow men. This is the Spirit of missionary work."
Throughout the course of our trial with cancer, we came to trust and to ultimately know that with every breath we take, every emotion we feel, every pain that courses through us, God is there. He decides whether we live or die, but it is up to us to decide what we will do with the life we are living.
Fortunately, for members of the church who have partaken of the ordinances of the temple, we know that death is not the end. It is just a passing from one side of the veil to the other.
Dave feels that with that understanding is the obligation to share what you know.
President Brigham Young said,"There is neither man or woman in this Church who is not on a mission. That mission will last as long as they live . . . " And then I ask? How long is life? Is it measured by the life of the mortal body or that of the Spirit?
Dave's brother, Clay, was serving in Atlanta, Georgia when Dave passed away. Clay then received a blessing from his mission president which expressed how pleased the Lord was to have Clay, Dave, and their father, Clayton, serving full-time missions for the Him. I know that the work goes on and who better to use than someone who doesn't need purse or script? Who better than someone who has absorbed all of that information? Who can and is willing to testify of it's truth?
Dave was told,"It is your responsibility to prepare a people that can receive [the]Savior when He comes." I know that work continues on.This Sunday will be my first as the Gospel Principles teacher. I am so excited to be involved in furthering the work. In that class will be at least three individuals that Dave helped bring into activity. Now, I can do my part to help them obtain the blessings of the temple. I am certain that I will also have Dave's continued help in that work.
"True Christianity is love in action. There is no better way to manifest love for god than to show an unselfish love for your fellow men. This is the Spirit of missionary work."
Comments