The Power of Prayer


Today I'm not exactly certain what I am going to share. Only that I know Dave was a wonderful person, and I know that we can all become amazing as well. I saw the transformation over the years. It was much more concentrated during his last few weeks, but he became prepared to return to God.

In 2006, when we initially found out about the cancer I wanted to keep it between Dave and I. I didn't want to let others know. I didn't want them to worry. And in so doing, I was denying them their agency: the choice to help or become involved.

Dave, in his wisdom, urged and pursuaded me to let everyone know. "I need their prayers and support" he recognized. (If only I hadn't been so foolish as to think that we could do it on our own.) It was soon after he found out that we let our families know.

Since then I have gained a firm testimony of the power of prayer. Elder Holland has mentioned that we can, through prayer, summon angels to minister and provide relief to those that we are not able to minister to ourselves. I know that we received and continue to receive ministering angels in our times of need.

"Pain shared is pain divided.
Joy shared is joy multiplied."

God is a God of miracles and his works do not cease even if we cease to believe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One year older and wiser too . . .

One Year Tribute