This is the mountain that Dave built, that Dave built . . .

Even after Dave was diagnosed with malignant melanoma and went into "full-time retirement" as he liked to call it, he took on challenges on a constant basis. One was this castle that he lovingly built for the boys. It is constructed primarily of chicken wire and paper mache. But he also added some foam (to fill in the voids) as well as some expensive duct work that he transformed into secret chutes and tunnels. All in all, it cost well over $100 to build it, but he loved it as much as the boys did once it was done. Dave was never too busy to have fun.

Comments

Katie said…
that was pretty creative! I have never seen that where is that??? I hope it lasted longer than 3 weeks too!
Jodi and Dan said…
Wow, that is awesome! I can't believe it only took Dave 3 weeks to build that!

Popular posts from this blog

One year older and wiser too . . .

One Year Tribute