God Honors Commitment

Here are some of the goals that Dave set, with the words "God Honors Committment" above it. *Study scriptures 30 minutes each & also with Georgia *memorize one scripture a day from the chapter I'm in *write in journal at least 3X week *read one good book each day 15-20 pgs. *Give away 1 Book of Mormon each month *prayer- with real intent *feel the Spirit ever day and listen to it *write a book- being LDS in the business world *100% home teaching - Jerry baptized, Worden's active-temple, Cruz & Myrna baptized, Reuben & Lupita baptized.

I remember this time in our lives. Because Dave was making committments and keeping them, the Lord blessed us. Dave writes, "I have felt the Spirit comfort, guide and teach me so much as I have made goals to devote more of my time to the Lord. Before I would read my scriptures and say my prayers because I felt like I owed it to the Lord and that I was required to do so by the leaders of the church. . . it finally dawned on me that I whould be making time to do those things because I deserved it."

We were able to witness the fulfillment of most of those goals. He wasn't ever able to write his book, but he fulfilled his home teaching, Jerry was baptized & the Worden's became active. As for Cruz, Myrna, Reuben & Lupita, my guess is that he's still working on getting them baptized.

Comments

Katie said…
Love you georgi! I have loved these posts. It makes me a little sad to realize how much I missed out on in his life. My own brother but didn't realize all that he did in his short life.

Popular posts from this blog

One year older and wiser too . . .

One Year Tribute