"I call upon members of the Church and on committed parents, grandparents, and extended family members everywhere to hold fast to this great proclamation, to make it a banner not unlike General Moroni's 'title of liberty,' and to commit ourselves to live by its precepts. As we are all part of a family, the proclamation applies to everyone." This is my family. Me and my three children. Some would call us "non-traditional." But it seems that anymore, the traditional family with both a father and a mother leading the way is becomming less common than "non-traditional." What a shame. When Elder M. Russell Ballard shared his warning just over 10 years ago, we did not understand the extent to which the family would fall. The family remains the target of the attacks of society at large and Satan specifically. How do we utilize and internalize the principles contained in the proclamation? How do we strengthen families and establish...
Popular posts from this blog
One year older and wiser too . . .
Today I celebrate another birthday. My first as a single mom. As the song says, "I can feel the weight on my shoulder." Life goes on and I've got decisions to make, but I don't know which direction I should go. So much weighs on my mind every day. There are decisions that I have to make, but I don't feel adequate to make them. It's amazing to think of all that I have gone through in the last year. It really seems decades ago that Dave was so sick with cancer because so much of life has changed. So many of the things that we always did together, I have had to do alone. Even as I say it though, I have to admit that he has been there each step of the journey. Most especially when he first passed away. I believe that our loving Heavenly Father recognizes that we couldn't handle to lose our loved one's mortal body as well as their spirit, so he allows them to gradually work their way out of our lives. When Dave first passed away, I felt him around constantl...
One Year Tribute
A few months before Dave passed away, he came across a talk that read as follows: "In Doctrine and Covenants 136:31, the Lord says, 'My people must be tried in all things, that they may be prepared to receive the glory that I have for them, even the glory of Zion; and he that will not bear chastisement is not worthy of my kingdom.'" "I now wonder how the Lord is pruning me. Am I learning the lessons he wants me to learn? Am I bearing fruit worthy of Him? Do I see and appreciate the guidance of the Master's hand in my life? Do I let go of what is unnecessary or sinful in my life and keep only that which is good?" I believe that we would all answer that Dave did. He went about doing good and was a positive influence in the lives of many, many people. I know that he continues to influence my life for the better. If you are reading this, please take a minute to add a comment. Share with us a memory that you have of Dave, a story of how he's affected yo...



Comments