9 Months

December 24th marked 9 months since Dave's passing. A lot has happened since then. Christmas was not as bad as I'd anticipated. Throughout the season, none of the children mentioned wanting anything specific. It seemed that they were just grateful to be together and quite reticent. I missed spending about 10 days of this holiday season with them since I was in Jerusalem, and I do wish that we'd had more time and opportunity to celebrate the miracle of Christ's birth. I find myself wishing that every year. I went to dollar tree on Christmas day and they'd already put out the Valentine candy. Why can't we focus more on Christ all year long?

Dave has been and will continue to be a wonderful blessing and an inspiration to us throughout our lives. We are better for having known him. He left a legacy for all of us to follow. I am still so very grateful for the cards,videos and recordings that he left for all of us. I am very aware that he is near and mindful of us in our extremity. I came across this wonderful poem and it seems to apply perfectly to Dave.

Merry Christmas from Heaven

I still hear the songs
I still see the lights
I still feel your love on cold wintery nights

I still share your hopes and all of your cares.
I'll even remind you to please say your prayers.

I just want to tell you, you still make me proud.
You stand head and shoulders above all the crowd.

Keep trying each moment to stay in His grace.
I came here before you to help set your place.

You don't have to be perfect all of the time.
He forgives you the slip if you continue the climb.

To my family and friends,
Please be thankful today.
I'm still close beside you
In a new special way.

I love you all dearly.
Now don't shead a tear.
'Cause I'm spending my
Christmas with Jesus this year.


Thank you Dave, for all of your unconditional love!
Merry Christmas! Love, Georgia, Caden, Jacob, and Allison.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One year older and wiser too . . .

One Year Tribute