Roomies


Well, as I suspected, all I had to do was take care of the food and the laughter and fun took care of itself. Just as it did in college.

It was wonderful to have most of us together, reminiscing about old times. We didn't spend time talking about boys(except for me), but we talked about our families. I have to admit that we are all wonderfully strong members of the church and I am once again so grateful to the Lord for the blessings that he has bestowed upon me and continues to bestow.

We don't talk on a regular basis. Perhaps two or three times a year, but when we get together it's just as if time hasn't passed. We can enjoy one another's company and appreciate one anothers differences. I am so grateful for "low maintenance friends". The ones who recognize that life goes on while we're apart, but can be just as joyful when we're blessed to be together.

There's a saying that relates, "The family that prays together, stays together." Well, these beautiful women: Mariah, Robyn, Kristy, KayDe, Anna, and Jodi, were my family for nearly four years and because we prayed together, worked together, and played together, we've stayed together. It's been wonderful. Here's to many more years (and a maybe a few more children!:).

Comments

Jodi and Dan said…
I agree with everything you said! Low maintenance friends are the best, and I love that no matter how much time passes, we still are essentially the same people with the same strong morals and values. It was so great to spend the weekend with you guys!! Thanks for being such a wonderful hostess, Georgia. :)

Popular posts from this blog

One year older and wiser too . . .

One Year Tribute