Hawaii and the Hospital
Hawaii was so much fun for all of us. It was such a new experience for the kids all the way around. They had their first airport experience, their first ride in an airplane, their first time out of the continental U.S., etc. They were absolute angels on the 6 hour plane ride over to Hawaii. I even got compliments from the passengers on how well behaved my children were. (I'll treasure that moment forever. I'm fairly certain it was because I'd specifically asked everyone to pray that the kids would behave for the ride over. It worked.)
Our first 2 1/2 days were on the island of Oahu. That's where Dave and I went almost exactly two years ago. I was able to show the kids where we'd been and tell them what fun we had. Naturally, we visited the PCC and had all sorts of fun playing in the ocean.Hukilau beach, which is the beach nearest to the PCC was the kids favorite. They played in the waves and even did some boogie boarding.
"Dum dum, you give me gum gum!"
We also visited the Lai'e temple and enjoyed feeling the Spirit while we walked on the grounds.
On Kaua'i we were able to take the kids to Punalu beach, which has great snorkeling and a smaller "pool" for the kids. That was a lot of fun. Yes, Lisa was with us on the trip, but I forgot my camera most of the time, so I'll have to get some pictures from her before I can post them. Sorry Lisa.
The morning of our last day in Hawaii started out beautiful. It was going to be a great day for some deep-sea fishing. Caden, Jacob, Charity, Clayton, Ben and I were on a fishing boat with a couple of other men. For the kids and I this was our first experience fishing and for some our first time out on the ocean in a little boat. It wasn't 10 minutes before I started to feel queazy. After 20 minutes I was puking, and, well, I just don't remember a lot of details after that. Just sheer misery.
Unfortunaely, I became to ill to remain on the boat and ended up in the hospital for fluids and anti-nausea meds. What was that Ben said about, "I don't want any problems from the kids or it's going to be a lot of money for a whole lot of nothing"? Sorry Ben.
And this is what Ben spent 4 days doing- waiting in the waiting room. When he brought us back from the ER, Lisa, who had stayed home with a couple of the kids, said that she had just spoken with her doctor and needed to be taken to the ER. So Ben took her back while I took all 6 kids to the arcade. They found out that Lisa had a serious staff infection and only after stops at an LA hospital and a Phoenix hospital was she properly treated and released. Once again, I'm sorry, Ben & Lisa. It must be because God loves you more than the rest of us!
Comments