Today I went to the funeral of one of my friends boys- Mason. He drowned last Monday when they were at Lake Powell. He was just 4 years old a week ago. Seeing his little body in the casket reminded me of my brother, Cameron, who died at the age of 2. Both had blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes.

I can only imagine how the parents must feel. Neither would have wanted this to happen, but it did and they are left to live without him for a while. They have been judged so harshly by others who have no understanding of the situation, or of the active boy that Mason was. I don't remember him ever sitting still.

I also read in the paper that the husband of Jacob's 1st grade teacher (Wendy McDonald who was killed in a car accident two years ago) just died in a car crash, leaving behind all of their children. The oldest one, who was also involved in the accident, will be in the hospital up north for the next 4-5 months.

Today I have really contemplated life and how fragile it really is. We must believe that we are in God's hands. That is the only way to find peace through such trials.

Comments

Allred Fam said…
just wanted to say that I think about you a lot and pray that you are doing well. We haven't met before, my husband Adrian (Clyde's son) is David's cousin.

There are many in the family who know you and have such respect and love for you. I have heard on more than one occation them talk about your grace in life's trials.

We have not been to a reunion in quite a while, and now live out of the country, so it's hard to coordinate that. We saw pics of the last reunion, it's so nice that Ben and others are able to help out some with the task of molding the children. I haven't seen Vickie in years, since before Clayton died, she looks awesome! So beautiful. I think about the two of you a lot and the connection you share.

Maybe our paths will cross and we can meet you someday. Take care. Beth Allred

Popular posts from this blog

One year older and wiser too . . .

One Year Tribute