Elder Holland

When we were able to speak with Elder Holland over the phone back in February, I was uncomfortable speaking to a general authority. I was afraid of stumbling over my words, sounding dumb, or saying something that I shouldn't.

Dave, however, was completely at ease. He spoke to him as his friend and commented to me later that he would behave the same if the prophet or if Christ were in our home. "He is my friend. I know him and I love him."

David did, and David does.

Today I was able to drive with the kids down to St. George and meet with Elder and Sister Holland. It was an experience that I will always prize. But what amazes me the most is that I don't feel any different. I don't know what I was expecting to feel, but I just feel like me. He didn't tell me I wasn't doing things right, he didn't counsel me, he just listened, and provided hope.

And Sister Holland? Hurrah for the sister's of this church. The backbone of the men, and the support of the kingdom. She is wonderful. We embraced immediately upon meeting and I felt as if we'd known each other forever. I wasn't able to visit much with her because she took my anxious children away for a treat.

And I was left with my own treat . . . the chance to visit with an apostle of the Lord.

Comments

KM said…
That is so amazing! What a special experiennce.Thanks for sharing.
Kari
Katie said…
So glad you were able to have that opportunity. Thanks for stopping by after it was good to see you!
natalie said…
Georgia-

What an amazing experience for you-treasure it. Love you dearly.

Popular posts from this blog

One year older and wiser too . . .

One Year Tribute