Caden's 10!


I can't believe that my oldest is already 10 years old. Thanks to Dave's preparation, Caden was able to open a birthday card from him today. It encouraged him to start to prepare for the priesthood that he will receive in two years. I can't believe he's only two years away from being a deacon!

Caden had a great birthday. He got to celebrate at school, at the soccer game (where he scored 2 of the 3 goals), and at Applebee's after. Thanks for all of the phonecalls. I think that he really enjoyed his day.

Caden is such a hard worker. He strives for 100% when it comes to school. He won't take anything less, but he loves to get extra credit! Last year his overall score was 432/435 total points or something like that. Dave and I sarcastically expressed our disappointment.

Caden took the 4-wheeler certification course just 3 weeks ago. He told me that the test would be a piece of cake and so he didn't study. (I was hoping that he would fail and learn the importance of preparation.) He passed the test and only missed one question! Now try to convince him he doesn't know it all. He's only had his license a short time and he's already tipped the 4-wheeler on it's side. (That's why he's not allowed to have passengers or go anywhere other than the fields around our house.) We asked him today if he'd learned anything from the experience and he smiled and said, "Nah."

After all, he does know everything. "Just listen to him." My home teacher says. He's willing to challenge anyone. I just hope that we can hone all of this energy and enthusiasm through the years.

Comments

Katie said…
Keeps you on your toes! Glad he had a good day! Sorry I was such a slacker!
Punky said…
Aww. Happy Belated Birthday! For some reason I had it in his head that G was the younger one...

And your description of him totally reminds me of how I remember my brother Chris being at that at that age..
natalie said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CADEN! WE LOVE YOU!

Popular posts from this blog

One year older and wiser too . . .

One Year Tribute