6 Months
Well, since it's almost midnight, I suppose that I can start writing. Who says I actually have to wait until tomorrow?
Doesn't Dave have the most beautiful, catching smile? That's what charmed me from the very beginning. I can't believe that it has been six months since he passed away. It's amazing to think that we've all survived and we aren't that much worse for the wear. Naturally, we miss Dave and think about him often. ( I think about him every day, but I don't want to downplay every one elses feelings.) He was such a powerful man and such a strong influence for good.
As I was doing this video, I downloaded twice as many photos as you see, but because I wanted them to fit within the length of the first song, I had to chop all but the most important ones: our family.
Just about a year ago, as Dave sat pondering his lot in life and his contributions he questioned the Lord. "Is this it? Is this all I get to do? What have I accomplished?" And then he looked across the yard at Jacob, smiling in the swing and a witness came to him that his children were the greatest contribution that he could have ever made.
Wow! Now I have the responsibility to make good of Dave's contribution! (Just kidding- kind of.) So that's why the video is of our family. That was Dave's main contribution. But any of you know that it was not his only one. There are many people who are better people today because they knew who he was and what he stood for. And there will be others who, indirectly, will be influenced for good through you and what you learned from him. That's the marvellous blessing we all have to affect the lives of others for good or ill.
Family is our most important contribution to life and society as a whole. Let us be true to the heritage that we have been given and continue the legacy of faith. Hold fast to the iron rod. Press on. The work is not yet finished!



Comments